Dear Valued Customers,
In response to the heightened focus and quickly evolving situation regarding Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), we wanted to provide a communication to affirm our renewed energy and enhanced communications with our team members relative to our long-standing food safety and sanitation protocols. We are also mindful of, and following, the guidance for recommended strategies as those are updated from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and New York State Department of Health.
As re-open in coordination with the evolving guidelines and safety protocols being issued by the State of New York, our restaurant team is committed to do their part to prevent the spread of the disease with a top priority for the health and well-being of our customers, team members and the broader communities we serve. We have reinforced our excellent standard protocols and will continue to actively educate our team members on any and all recommended steps issued by local, state or national health officials. As for our team members, we are having more frequent meetings and communications regarding sanitation, including the following:
- While always a core to our health and safety protocols, we have increased the frequency of sanitizing all surfaces that might be touched using a disinfectant certified to kill COVID-19
- We have also implemented additional deep cleaning measures before and after business hours
- We are cleaning and sanitizing ‘high traffic areas’ like bathrooms every hour throughout the day
- Sanitizing all doors and door handles with a heightened frequency
- Additional hand sanitizer stations have been added throughout our restaurant and common spaces of the Courtyard by Marriott
- Hand Washing
- Again, a core to our health and safety protocols we have renewed our emphasis on the frequency for hand washing for at least 20 seconds with disinfectant soap and water
- Our team members who prepare or cook your food wear gloves which are changed frequently in the course of our standard sanitation protocols
- We have implemented additional, around-the-clock cleaning and sanitation procedures including disinfecting menus, tables, chairs/highchairs, etc. in addition to detailed, ongoing and standard kitchen disinfecting procedure
- Monitoring the health and well-being of our team
- We have updated our already existing protocols to evaluate the health and wellness of all our team members daily. Our goal is to not only make sure our team is well, but that anyone who may be ill or who could have been exposed to any infectious disease stays home
- We have detailed plans in place in the event we learn of any confirmed cases associated with anyone who has been in our restaurant, including additional deep cleaning protocols and any other measures recommended by local health officials
- We have affirmed all management and supervisory leadership are aware of the relevant symptoms with diligence throughout each shift toward identification of any potential issues and encouragement to act quickly in sending team members home when warranted
We will continue to monitor developments in Lake George and New York. To the extent there are additional protocols we can take to assist in limiting the spread of the virus, we will.
In times like this, the very best thing we can do is to work together to combat the spread of the disease. We all have a role to play in doing that but want you to know that Charlie’s Bar & Kitchen takes that job seriously.
If you have any concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to speak to any of our restaurant managers. Otherwise, please enjoy your dining experience with us!
Laura Kohls, Owner